Thursday, August 4, 2011

Cooking Endeavors: Banana Muffins!

My mom used to make the BEST banana bread and I wanted to make some but realized that I neither had the recipe nor had a baking pan (I know). BUT I found this recipe on the back of the Food Lion brand of low-calorie sweetener and decided to try making muffins!

1 cup of sugar (aka: Splenda, low calorie sweetener, etc. pick your poison)
1/3 cup of margarine or butter (softened)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups of mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup of water
1 2/3 cup of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder

optional: 1/2 cup of nuts or chocolate chips

From there, it's pretty easy: Preheat the oven to 350, Cream the sugar/butter together, mix in the eggs/bananas/water, mix the dry ingredients separately and combine the wet/dry and then pour into baking tins! They made 10 relatively good sized muffins and were done in about 25 minutes.


Voila! Nom noms for your tum tum!

(Of course no cooking experience is made complete without a little mess... and I am definitely a pro at that.)