Wednesday, July 20, 2011

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me...

1. I love blowing bubbles. One of my favorite pastimes is just to sit with a wand and watch all the pretty colors in the soap.

2. I hate celery with a passion. It is my mortal enemy and I would rather face Darth Vader with a paper towel tube covered in tin foil than get another one of those nasty strings stuck in my teeth.

3. I don't like thunder storms. I love the rain, but add in the loud booming sounds of death and you will find me under the covers or in a closet.

4. I am TERRIFIED to drive in thunder storms (Yes, I realize this goes along with # 3). This is so much worse than being in the house and I have a constant irrational fear of a tornado popping up and whisking me and my car away through the perilous precipitation (I know you like that alliteration).

5. I love to travel. In fact, it saddens me that I still haven't set foot on 2 continents: Australia and Asia. I would go to Antarctica... however that would require a much larger coat.

6. I am rarely myself when I first meet a large group of people. I have discovered that I become very sarcastic and try to be "the funny one" when I first meet people to try and make things less awkward... this disguises the fact that I really just want to crawl into a hole or sit down with just one person and get to know them instead of being thrown into a sea of people.

7. I like to dance when no one's watching. Catch me washing dishes in the kitchen? You may also be privy to the one and only showing of a form of dance that does not exist and should NEVER be introduced to the general public.

8. I am extremely clumsy. I constantly find bruises on my body and have no idea where they came from. When I play sports, I think I look a lot like someone from The Benchwarmers. Movement, in general, is not my strongpoint.

9. I love school. Yes... I really and truly do. If I had the time and money, I would probably major in Art Education, Painting and Drawing, Writing, Math, Psychology, English(nope. Not the same as writing), Spanish, and minor in some crazy things like Music/Photography/Kinesiology. Narrowing all these choices down to one has been a simple question of what will be the most fun. Teaching kids how to throw paint around and getting to see them grow into the person they were meant to be? Yes please!!!

10. I love organizing and arranging things. Example #1: One of my favorite service projects was organizing a pantry full of canned foods for the homeless and counting the cans. I love looking at the shelves and seeing all the neat rows! Example # 2: I color-code my T-shirts and arrange my closet according to the type/size of the piece of clothing.